[BRLTTY] Broken colour names

Shérab Sebastien.Hinderer at ens-lyon.org
Tue Nov 17 09:26:25 EST 2015

Samuel Thibault (2015/11/17 15:15 +0100):
> It is heavy for performance (at *best* thousands of requests
> per second), and it is really not suited to getting terminal
> information. The AccessibleTerminal interface has never been actually
> implemented.
>
> Generally speaking, the way AT-SPI works seems overkill to me here. The
> way it works (insertion/removal notification) really does not suit
> terminal screen reading.
>
> A shared-memory solution looking like /dev/vcsa, but rethought for
> unicode etc. would work much better.

Sure, I et your point. I was just wondering whether it wouldn't e
possible to improve r enrich AT-SPI to make it more suitable for
terminals, my concern being to avoid having too many standards and APIs
around. But if you think it's best to just have another API besides, I
am fine.

Shérab.