[BRLTTY] Hints for "modern" audio setup?

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Sun Oct 18 20:34:22 EDT 2015

[quoted lines by Samuel Thibault on 2015/10/19 at 02:24 +0200]

>> Thanks to a suggestion by Nicolas, I'm looking into brltty implementing just
>> such a thing.
>
>Well, it'd be useful by itself outside brltty too.

One alternative would be to implement it as a separate module, much like
tunetest, that uses brltty's objects. Then the user would just need to run it
in the background.

An advantage is that it could then be run as whatever user is needed to make
Pulse Audio happy.

A disadvantage is that it wouldn't be tied in tightly to brltty's tune device
settings. It could read them at startup, of course, but it wouldn't respond to
changes.