[BRLTTY] Hints for "modern" audio setup?

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Sun Oct 18 21:46:01 EDT 2015

[quoted lines by Nicolas Pitre on 2015/10/18 at 21:03 -0400]

>A simple user space daemon could be produced to do just that.
>Especially easy to do with the PulseAudio server that can preload some
>wave files with chime sounds and play them when asked.

But then we'd lose the ability to properly play brltty tunes. Even if brltty's
tune device were set to PCM, Pulse Aud9io wouldn't accept it. Building a daemon
with brltty's objects, however, and then setting brltty's tune device to the
beeper, would play tunes properly via PCM on a beeperless system.