[BRLTTY] still cannot compile brltty brltty on Mac 10.11 El Capitan

Cheryl Homiak cah4110 at icloud.com
Tue Oct 27 17:34:28 EDT 2015

Okay, brltty compiles with the alteration you made, Dave. But when I came to installing, I got "opperation not permitted" for installing in /usr/bin. I now remember this happening on an external drive with the beta of 10.11. So I did what I also did there; I configured with --prefix=/usr/local and then it installed. I also recommend installing screen in /usr/local because whenever Mac OS installs a new screen or works on your permission it will obliterate your setup of /usr/bin/screen even if it allows you to install there. Of course, if you are using Macports or homebrew you will have alternate choices for installing using them.

The good news is: it does not seem to have prevented my usb from working. However, as soon as i have time, I will also retest to see if bluetooth is still working.

--
Cheryl

May the words of my mouth
and the meditation of my heart