[BRLTTY] my problem with control on my Mac is back

Cheryl Homiak cah4110 at icloud.com
Wed Oct 28 15:49:14 EDT 2015

I think this has to be a problem with Mac OS. I am again having problems with the control key. I notice it especially in emacs but it is consistently happening. For instance, when I try to save and close a file in emacs, I can do it with my regular keyboards. I can also do it with brltty on a linux machine, even when it is working on the Mac via ssh. But on the Mac itself, ctrl-x ctrl-s ctrl-x ctrl-c comes out written xsxc. Using learn mode shows the correct braille dots plus control and nothing different is shown in learn mode on the Mac than on linux or by ssh from linux. Since I don't think it can be a brltty problem per se, I am just mentioning this in case anybody else comes across this and/or figures out the source and solution. When I was running the beta of El Capitan on an external drive, I didn't have this problem though I had it in Yosemite. I may still have that drive in the beta or at least in an earlier version of El Capitan so I may try to go back and see what happens on that installation.

--
Cheryl

May the words of my mouth
and the meditation of my heart