[BRLTTY] chromebook?

Jason White jason at jasonjgw.net
Sun Aug 14 13:56:19 EDT 2016

mattias jonsson <mjonsson1986 at gmail.com> wrote:
> anyone no if braille support on chromebooks are built with brltty?

I think I read somewhere that it is. I have tested this support at a basic
level and it works. If you connect a supported display (in my case a Freedom
Scientific Focus display in my work environment, where the Chromebook was), it
is detected and you can use it to read the text of the Web application.

> if so
>
> when a chromebook are in developer mode
>
> you can access a vt terminal with alt+ctrl+f1
>
> are it possible to get braille there?

I didn't know about this and therefore didn't test it.