[BRLTTY] permissions on the brlapi.key file

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Mon Aug 29 07:30:09 EDT 2016

[quoted lines by kendell clark on 2016/08/29 at 05:16 -0500]

>would simplifying it to "braille" work? That way anyone with access to the
>braille group could use braille, but anyone who wasn't couldn't.

You can name the group anything you'd like to. I fact, you can use any security
paradigm you'd like to (including open). I was only making suggestions.

>I'm finally beginning to understand why security is so tight.

Think of it this way. The braille display is the blind user's screen. You
wouldn't trust a system very much if any other user on the system could change
your current screen content. You very rightly expect your screen to contain
only the output from the command you're currently running, and you very rightly
expect the system to enforce this.