[BRLTTY] permissions on the brlapi.key file

kendell clark coffeekingms at gmail.com
Tue Aug 30 01:18:55 EDT 2016

hi

This helped a bundle! I've updated our package build script to copy the
policy file into /usr/share/polkit-1/actions, and braille now works. The
only minor problem is that I have to restart brltty once each time the
machine is booted, or the display stays on "screen not in text mode".
Once I do that all works fine.  It's also worth nothing that brltty
works absolutely fine in the text console as soon as it's started, you
only need to restart it for it to work successfully in x with orca.
Could this maybe be a bug? I'm seeing no errors in the logs, only
successful startup messages, and detection of the hims braille sense. It
does say usb descriptor not found, 1.0, but I don't really understand
what that means but it obviously doesn't keep the display from working.
This is much much easier than the brlapi method, thank you to whoever
implemented it. Not that I'm saying it's better than the brlapi method,
they both have their uses, just that this is more ... mmm ... plug and
play, and uses polkit to decide how things work.

Thanks

Kendell Clark