[BRLTTY] brltty for Android

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Tue Dec 13 14:38:55 EST 2016

[quoted lines by Devin Prater on 2016/12/13 at 14:03 +0000]

>1. Is there a way to keep brltty for crashing on web content? An example,
>open google play newsstand, and open a news item. BRLTTY then restarts
>until my Vario Ultra went into standby mode.

Are you using the latest apk for brltty? It was most recently updated on
November 24.

If brltty is restarting then there should be something in your log that shows
why. Do you know how to get a copy of your device's log for us to look at? If
you're concerned that there might be something private in your log then feel
free to send it to me privately off-list so that it won't be made public.

Note that Android automatically discards older log entries. It's important,
therefore, to capture the log as soon as possible after the problem has
occurred.

>2. Is there a way to write in contracted braille? All I can do is write in
>computer braille. If I could write in grade two, contracted, even if it
>were UEB, I'd be much faster, as that's what I'm used to writing in,
>although I'd settle for computer braille, as it's much faster than writing
>on the touch screen.

At the moment, brltty doesn't support contracted braille input.