[BRLTTY] BRLTTY on Samsung Galaxy S7

Lars Bjørndal lars at lamasti.net
Tue Dec 27 09:57:54 EST 2016

Hi Dave and others!

I'd like to report som eissues using BRLTTY on a Samsung Galaxy S7 with
Android version 6.0.1

- I do not get access with BRLTTY to the message text in the Messages
  app. E.g. when opening a message, the focus get to the edit field.
  From there, scrolling back, I get to the date/time for each message
  displayed, but I can't read the text. The same is true in Aqua mail,
  after opening an email there, and I cannot read the message text whith
  braille.

- When going to the home screen, and BRLTTY is enabled, the speech from
  Voice assistant (which TalckBack is called on Samsung devices), reads
  all icons on the screen. Tis happens whether or not the
  braille display is connected.

Please tell me if you need/want more info, and I'll try to help.

Whish you happy Holiday!

Thanks and regards, Lars