[BRLTTY] BRLTTY on Samsung Galaxy S7

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Wed Dec 28 20:40:33 EST 2016

[quoted lines by Lars Bjørndal on 2016/12/27 at 15:57 +0100]

>I'd like to report som eissues using BRLTTY on a Samsung Galaxy S7 with
>Android version 6.0.1

My current device is 4.3 (yes, a bit old), so reproducing may not be possible.

>- I do not get access with BRLTTY to the message text in the Messages
>  app. E.g. when opening a message, the focus get to the edit field.
>  From there, scrolling back, I get to the date/time for each message
>  displayed, but I can't read the text. The same is true in Aqua mail,
>  after opening an email there, and I cannot read the message text whith
>  braille.

Are you able to get to it via the touch screen? If so, what's on the braille
display when you're on it?

>- When going to the home screen, and BRLTTY is enabled, the speech from
>  Voice assistant (which TalckBack is called on Samsung devices), reads
>  all icons on the screen. Tis happens whether or not the
>  braille display is connected.

Have you disabled brltty's speech? If so, how? I just want to be sure that it
isn't brltty that's doing the talking.

>Please tell me if you need/want more info, and I'll try to help.

I may end up needing screen dumps. Brltty can be set to log them.