[BRLTTY] [patch] allow authentication via polkit

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Thu Jan 28 17:18:02 EST 2016

[quoted lines by Samuel Thibault on 2016/01/28 at 23:05 +0100]

>Mmm, I wonder whether we shouldn't want to make this the default?  I.e.
>extend the auth syntax to include several authentication possibilities,
>and include both the authkey file and auth=polkit.

I believe (it's been a while) that multiple auth methods can already be
specified with +. I forget, though, if they're anded or ored.

>It's mostly a question for distributions. It's true that a standard
>Debian system doesn't have libglib installed. That's only 5MiB however,
>and the print task depends on it for instance. So I'd tend to think it
>won't be a problem.

Whatever we do should be conditional with respect to dependencies. If there are
several ways to communicate then we should probably support all of them with
#ifs to decide which one to use. I don't mind doing the autoconf part, but I'd
appreciate it if the source is adequately annotated so that I can tell which
lines go with which dependency.