[BRLTTY] Virtual driver is not reading the socket

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Tue May 10 10:10:58 EDT 2016

[quoted lines by Jaroslav Skarvada on 2016/05/10 at 05:23 -0400]

>what's your opinion how to fix it?

That it's still a mystery that I haven't yet had time to try to figure out.

>a) fix asyncAwaitCondition to handle zero timeouts, or

It already does. Async checks for pending events before even "thinking" about
going into a wait.

>b) increase timeout in 'vr' driver?

A timeout of zero should be okay. Since the Virtual driver hasn't yet been
upgraded to the new (5.0 and later) event-based model, brltty's core would
still be polling for input many times per second.

The real solution, of course, is that the Virtual driver should be upgraded to
the new, event-based model. One of the reasons that that hasn't been done yet
is because I had no idea that it had any users.

>Do you want github pull request?

Some people use them and others send patches. I'm okay eitehr way.