[BRLTTY] Virtual driver is not reading the socket

Jaroslav Skarvada jskarvad at redhat.com
Wed May 11 12:42:38 EDT 2016

Hi,

thanks for info.

> >a) fix asyncAwaitCondition to handle zero timeouts, or
>
> It already does. Async checks for pending events before even "thinking" about
> going into a wait.

Hmm, for me the control flow reaches asyncAwaitCondition and then immediately exits
due to the timeout. Maybe there is another/different problem.

> >b) increase timeout in 'vr' driver?
>
> A timeout of zero should be okay. Since the Virtual driver hasn't yet been
> upgraded to the new (5.0 and later) event-based model, brltty's core would
> still be polling for input many times per second.
>
> The real solution, of course, is that the Virtual driver should be upgraded
> the new, event-based model. One of the reasons that that hasn't been done yet
> is because I had no idea that it had any users.

We would like to use it for automatic regression testing between releases.
It's use case the vr driver probably was not intended to, but it could work

thanks & regards

Jaroslav