[BRLTTY] configuring brltty as a screenreader

kendell clark coffeekingms at gmail.com
Tue May 31 03:30:19 EDT 2016

hi
Hmm. I think I get it now. So for bluetooth, you need to know the
bluetooth address. Can you not simply select the bluetooth device in,
say, gnome's bluetooth settings or in mate's and brltty will pick up on
it? No rich uncles sadly. I'm not sure if I can get a government agency
to buy me anything especially since I've gone over to the dark side and
use linux now instead of the "approved" windows and apple but it's worth
a shot. I wish my old braille note mPower still worked, I could use that
as a display. Speaking of which, for braille notes, pac mate, braille
lites and such note taking devices do you need to use the braille
terminal mode, or can you simply connect these devices to the computer?
Mine is long gone, but I'd like to have that info in case a sonar user
asks. I've read the docs and brltty supports these devices but I'm not
sure if there are any prerequisits.
Thanks
Kendell Clark