[BRLTTY] BRLTTY issues on android

payman shaykhmehdi payman.shaykhmehdi at gmail.com
Tue Nov 29 03:41:27 EST 2016

I have installed brltty on android and here is problems that I have
encountered :

- I'm not sure that this problem is related to BRLTTY or not, but it seems
that modal dialogs are not accessible. For example when I want to disable
BRLTTY, a modal dialog pops up but it isn't accessible and it isn't
possible to do  anything with that dialog except using touch screen.

- Some keys has no effect in android. For example I have a key combination
that binds to KEY_ESCAPE but pressing that combination in braille device
doesn't do anything ( assuming that escape is supposed to going back in my
android device)

- In linux version, I have two language profiles and in my .ktb file two
key combinations are defined to switch between these  profiles using
SET_LANGUAGE_PROFILE. but this doesn't work on android. Is language
profiles supported on android?

I have tested BRLTTY on samsung galaxy j5 with android 5.1.1 .