[BRLTTY] BRLTTY issues on android

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Tue Nov 29 05:02:10 EST 2016

[quoted lines by payman shaykhmehdi on 2016/11/29 at 12:11 +0330]

>I have installed brltty on android and here is problems that I have
>encountered :

Did you install our latest apk or did you build your own? If you built your
own, did you build the latest released version or the development code?

>- I'm not sure that this problem is related to BRLTTY or not, but it seems
>that modal dialogs are not accessible. For example when I want to disable
>BRLTTY, a modal dialog pops up but it isn't accessible and it isn't
>possible to do  anything with that dialog except using touch screen.

Do you mean that you went to Settings -> Accessibility, and, from there, turned
off brltty? If so, do you mean that you can't click the confirmation dialog?

>- Some keys has no effect in android. For example I have a key combination
>that binds to KEY_ESCAPE but pressing that combination in braille device
>doesn't do anything ( assuming that escape is supposed to going back in my
>android device)

I know that escape works on older releases of Android but I think that it may
not work on newer ones. Are you able to connect a USB keyboard to test if it
works from an actual keyboard?

>- In linux version, I have two language profiles and in my .ktb file two
>key combinations are defined to switch between these  profiles using
>SET_LANGUAGE_PROFILE. but this doesn't work on android. Is language
>profiles supported on android?

Where have you put your .lpf files on your Android device?