[BRLTTY] BRLTTY issues on android

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Tue Nov 29 10:30:22 EST 2016

[quoted lines by payman shaykhmehdi on 2016/11/29 at 14:48 +0330]

>> Where have you put your .lpf files on your Android device?
>>

>Well , I had assumed that the install script do these things, so I don't
>know where to put them?

Language profiles aren't istalled. There's a new feature in brltty on Android
that should do what you're looking for. Create a top-level folder in your
internal memory (usually /sdcard, /storage/something, or something like that)
named brltty. If you have an external SD card slot, you can also create a
top-level brltty folder there. It looks in both places. Try placing your .lpf
files there.

On Android, language profiles should work for switching braille tables, etc,
but won't yet work for translating brltty's messags. The reason is that Android
uses an entirely different scheme for string translation and I haven't yet
tried to figure out how to integrate with it.