[BRLTTY] Slightly OT: Sending an Android lof of me attempting to connect Apex to Android

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Tue Apr 4 11:03:06 EDT 2017

[quoted lines by Zachary Morris on 2017/04/04 at 09:30 -0500]

>I brought this up months ago, but now, since we are at the brink of
>releasing a new version of Brltty, I wanted to bring this up because
>I would like support for the BrailleNote Apex in brltty 5.5.

You mean via Bluetooth, right?

The problem with the Apex via Bluetooth, as I recall, is that it isn't using a
normal serial-type connection. I believe it's using a Windows modem protocol of
some sort. I've tried to figure it out in the past working with a user, but it
wasn't that easy. I might be able (emphasis on MIGHT) to work it out were I to
have an Apex right here, but, so far, that possibility hasn't arisen.

>I'm not sure what data you would need me to capture in a log file so I can
>send it, but there's no errors or anything popping up, it's just, the braille
>won't appear on the Apex's braille display.

Set the log level to Debug, and enable Bluetooth I/O, Input Packets, and Output
Packets.