[BRLTTY] Slightly OT: Sending an Android lof of me attemptingtoconnect Apex to Android

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Tue Apr 4 11:27:13 EDT 2017

[quoted lines by Zachary Morris on 2017/04/04 at 10:16 -0500]

>Ok, thanks for letting me know if that was off-topic, I just wanted
>to make sure that it was on topic, but thank you.

No, it isn't off-topic at all. It's completely on-topic.

I don't want anyone to be worried about posting something that's off-topic on
this list, anyway. If it might be of interest to others then why not say it.

>So, I'll connect my Apex to my tablet tonight.  But as far as the cable goes,
>would I use USB client to Micro USB, or a usb host to micro USB.

I'm not sure which kind of USB connector the Apex has, and I also don't know if
your tablet has a USB C or USB B port. Assuming that your tablet has a Micro
USB B port, what you need is an OTG (On-The-Go) cable so that your tablet can
act as the host. The most general cable to get would be one with a Micro USB
OTG plug and a standard USB A port.