[BRLTTY] installation of systemd unit files

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Mon Apr 24 17:33:20 EDT 2017

[quoted lines by Mike Gorse on 2017/04/24 at 17:17 -0400]

>I am preparing an update to 5.5 for openSUSE and noticed that systemd
>unit files were being installed to /usr/lib64 on 64-bit systems,

Yes, as it uses libdir rather than hard-coding /usr/lib.

>where our systemd unit files are under /usr/lib.

Is there a reason? I'm just being curious, and wanting to know if there's
something that wasn't adequately considered.

>but the rationale isn't clear from the commit message,

It just seemed like the right thing to do.

>Is there a problem that is solved by this change?

It matched the system on which the development was done.

>Dbus has a configure option that allows the unit directory to be
>specified; maybe that is the thing to do.

If it's necessary then, yes, that can of course be done. Another alternative
might be to install them in /etc. What do you think?

--
Dave Mielke           | 2213 Fox Crescent | http://Mielke.cc/
EMail: Dave at Mielke.cc | Canada  K2A 1H7   | The Bible is the very Word of God.