[BRLTTY] installation of systemd unit files

Mike Gorse mgorse at alum.wpi.edu
Mon Apr 24 17:58:03 EDT 2017

On Mon, 24 Apr 2017, Dave Mielke wrote:

>> where our systemd unit files are under /usr/lib.
>
> Is there a reason? I'm just being curious, and wanting to know if there's
> something that wasn't adequately considered.

I think that the intention is to have 64-bit binaries under /usr/lib64,
while things that aren't binaries (such as systemd unit files), along with
32-bit binaries, are under /usr/lib. I'm not sure off-hand what other
distributions do. I should probably figure out if there is a standard that
we're following here and/or look at what some other packages do before I
recommend anything about what should be done, if anything.

-Mike