[BRLTTY] BrlAPI Raw key code mode?

Shérab Sebastien.Hinderer at ens-lyon.org
Wed Aug 23 11:15:57 EDT 2017

Dave Mielke (2017/08/20 11:36 -0400):
> [quoted lines by Shérab on 2017/08/20 at 11:26 +0200]
>
> >I share Samuel's fear that is will be difficult to design something
> >which is generic enough. What can we do beyond returning the keycodes
> >themselves or brltty commands, as we currently do?
>
> What I suspect we need is a set of commands that reflect how one works within a
> graphical environment (perhaps things like hierarchical window navigation,
> going to the navigation root window (home screen), going up one level, etc).
> Then we could design key tables for that, and brltty (and via BrlAPI) could be
> used to naturally work within that environment.

That could indeed be a step. How ever, as you say, that would allow to
work in _that_ environment. Could we imagine to go one step further and
allow, somehow, the definition of the commands themselves to be part of
a table? The tables could then define both the available commands and
the way the actual device keys should be mapped to commands.

Does that make sense or does it look overkill?

Shérab.