[BRLTTY] BrlAPI Raw key code mode?

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Wed Aug 23 12:15:17 EDT 2017

[quoted lines by Shérab on 2017/08/23 at 17:15 +0200]

>Could we imagine to go one step further and allow, somehow, the definition of
>the commands themselves to be part of a table? The tables could then define
>both the available commands and the way the actual device keys should be
>mapped to commands.

At some point, a command name needs to be attached to an action. If we were to
script the actions then defining their names (which'd be the names of the
scripts) would make sense. Since we don't, and the actions are coded within the
core, it maeks sense, at least to me, to also define their names within the
core.

This being said, it also makes sense for an external client to define
additional actions. This'd require the ability for the client to inform the
core regarding what those names are. I imagine the interface as being something
like the client providing a name and the core replying with its binary value.

--
Dave Mielke           | 2213 Fox Crescent | http://Mielke.cc/
EMail: Dave at Mielke.cc | Canada  K2A 1H7   | The Bible is the very Word of God.