[BRLTTY] Handytech Active Braille

Vincent LE GOFF vincent.legoff.srs at gmail.com
Sat Dec 2 07:04:20 EST 2017

Hi everyone,

I'm currently testing a Handytech Active Braille display and I'm now
trying to use BRLTTY with it.  Strangely enough, BRLTTY recognizes the
display at once and with no particular problem, but key mappings don't
work at all as expected.  The scrolling buttons (up and down) behaves
like arrow keys (moving the cursor instead of the Braille window).  The
Braille keys do some additional strange things, but they don't write as
far as I can tell.  Since I was using BRLTTY 5.3, I tried to get the
most recent release and run from it.  After some problems (not
completely fixed yet) I've got a working BRLTTY 5.5 to find out the same
problem persisted.

Does anyonw own such a display and know if there is a specific set of
action to use a proper key mapping with BRLTTY?  Is it somehow a mistake
in the original driver, and if so, can it be fixed?

Thank you for your help,

Vincent