[BRLTTY] WG: Handytech displays question

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Tue Jun 6 03:21:41 EDT 2017

[quoted lines by Felix Grützmacher - Help Tech GmbH on 2017/06/06 at 09:08 +0200]

>Use HTCom, which is available for Windows.

Since this seems to be the only option that'd work for all HT models, perhaps
we should implement a Linux version of it. Would you be able to send me
(directly, off-lis) the protocol details for doing a file transfer that way?

>Finally, with Active Braille or Active Star, you can use the Direct Transfer feature to transfer textual data from the Braille display to a connected device. To do so, select some text in the internal editor, then press chord+157 (capital E). This will transfer the text as if it had been typed on a connected keyboard, so please make sure the other device is ready to take text at that point.

Does this method send key press/release events? If so, a problem would arise if
the device's internal translation table differs in any way from the current
brltty text table being used. We could deal with this if you could send me that
internal translation table so that we could also include it as a
brltty-provided text table.

--
Dave Mielke           | 2213 Fox Crescent | http://Mielke.cc/
EMail: Dave at Mielke.cc | Canada  K2A 1H7   | The Bible is the very Word of God.