[BRLTTY] WG: Handytech displays question

Felix Grützmacher - Help Tech GmbH felix.gruetzmacher at handytech.de
Tue Jun 6 03:33:29 EDT 2017

Hello,
yes, Direct Transfer emulates keyboard events and can actually use a number
of different tables. The Braille display's internal language setting can be
modified, and this implicitly changes what Braille table will be used. This
is based on the assumption that users will match their internal Braille
table as closely as possible to that used by their screen readers.
So unfortunately I don't see an easy way to make this automatic, but I'll
give it some thought.
Regarding the file transfer protocol I'll discuss this internally and let
you know. Personally I'm excited about the idea of an up-to-date Linux
implementation of this!
Kind regards,
Felix