[BRLTTY] WG: Handytech displays question

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Tue Jun 6 03:53:16 EDT 2017

[quoted lines by Felix Grützmacher - Help Tech GmbH on 2017/06/06 at 09:33 +0200]

>yes, Direct Transfer emulates keyboard events and can actually use a number
>of different tables. The Braille display's internal language setting can be
>modified, and this implicitly changes what Braille table will be used. This
>is based on the assumption that users will match their internal Braille
>table as closely as possible to that used by their screen readers.
>So unfortunately I don't see an easy way to make this automatic, but I'll
>give it some thought.

Does the protocol allow a driver to request the exact table from the device?

Does the protocol have a way for the driver to send the host's table to the
device?

If there's no way to automate it then, if you (HT) don't mind, we could simply
deliver a copy of your tables along with brltty so that the user can manually
select the right one.

--
Dave Mielke           | 2213 Fox Crescent | http://Mielke.cc/
EMail: Dave at Mielke.cc | Canada  K2A 1H7   | The Bible is the very Word of God.