[BRLTTY] WG: Handytech displays question

MENGUAL Jean-Philippe mengualjeanphi at free.fr
Tue Jun 6 04:59:42 EDT 2017

----- Dave Mielke <dave at mielke.cc> a écrit :
> [quoted lines by Felix Grützmacher - Help Tech GmbH on 2017/06/06 at 09:08 +0200]
>
> >Use HTCom, which is available for Windows.
>
> Since this seems to be the only option that'd work for all HT models, perhaps
> we should implement a Linux version of it. Would you be able to send me
> (directly, off-lis) the protocol details for doing a file transfer that way?

Oh it would be excellent, thanks for the proposal. Because it is the only available option actually, as SD card requires a reader and I dont have one on my desktop, and others probably do not work on X.

So if I can help, don't hesitate.

> >Finally, with Active Braille or Active Star, you can use the Direct Transfer feature to transfer textual data from the Braille display to a connected device. To do so, select some text in the internal editor, then press chord+157 (capital E). This will transfer the text as if it had been typed on a connected keyboard, so please make sure the other device is ready to take text at that point.
>
> Does this method send key press/release events? If so, a problem would arise if
> the device's internal translation table differs in any way from the current
> brltty text table being used. We could deal with this if you could send me that
> internal translation table so that we could also include it as a
> brltty-provided text table.

And I am afraid it does not work on X environments.

Best regards,