[BRLTTY] Re : Re: WG: Handytech displays question

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Tue Jun 6 10:26:56 EDT 2017

[quoted lines by MENGUAL Jean-Philippe on 2017/06/06 at 14:00 +0200]

>Yes but given comy-and-paste does not work I tend to think that the feature to
>select a text in the internal editor of device, and paste it somewhere cannot
>work

This is an example of why I argue strongly against making guesses as the two
aren't in any way related. I wish people would test something before making a
claim about it that most would interpret to be fact.

The Facts: The internal clipboard of the braille device has absolutely nothing
at all to do with brltty's clipboard feature. What the HT does is send the
internally-selected text to the host as typed characters. If, therefore, typing
works then HT's direct transfer feature will also work.

--
Dave Mielke           | 2213 Fox Crescent | http://Mielke.cc/
EMail: Dave at Mielke.cc | Canada  K2A 1H7   | The Bible is the very Word of God.