[BRLTTY] Re : Re: Re : Re: WG: Handytech displays question

MENGUAL Jean-Philippe mengualjeanphi at free.fr
Tue Jun 6 10:47:09 EDT 2017

----- Dave Mielke <dave at mielke.cc> a écrit :
> [quoted lines by MENGUAL Jean-Philippe on 2017/06/06 at 14:00 +0200]
>
> >Yes but given comy-and-paste does not work I tend to think that the feature to
> >select a text in the internal editor of device, and paste it somewhere cannot
> >work
>
> This is an example of why I argue strongly against making guesses as the two
> aren't in any way related. I wish people would test something before making a
> claim about it that most would interpret to be fact.

Right. It is the problem not having access to the hardware. I need to examine all possible problems to see if they may happen, especially because the end-user cannot handle some behaviors where theorically it is expected not to work. So yes, I try to guess as I dont know the device and dont have access and try to make test things which work minimally.

> The Facts: The internal clipboard of the braille device has absolutely nothing
> at all to do with brltty's clipboard feature. What the HT does is send the
> internally-selected text to the host as typed characters. If, therefore, typing
> works then HT's direct transfer feature will also work.

Perfect, I will requets a test. It would fix a part of the issue, that is transfering text files. Partially as  good as htdoc, but well, it is a first stem.

Regards