[BRLTTY] [5.5] Make messages disappear after key press

Sebastian Humenda shumenda at gmx.de
Thu Jun 15 08:51:30 EDT 2017

Hi all,

ok, I try to give an example. Imagine I'm in Vim and typing a text. Then
I hit Caps+t the time is displayed. After I have read the time, I start typing
again, but the message remains. This means that I don't see what is happening at
the moment. I could easily miss updates on the screen and similar. This forces
me to always press a routing key to get back the on-screen text. Previously, a
screen update would discard the message. While I understand the reasoning, I
think it makes sense to discard message, if the users starts typing characters.
In this case, we can be sure that the message is not wanted anymore.

Does this make sense?
Thanks
Sebastian

--