[BRLTTY] [5.5] Make messages disappear after key press

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Thu Jun 15 10:36:34 EDT 2017

[quoted lines by Sebastian Humenda on 2017/06/15 at 14:51 +0200]

>Imagine I'm in Vim and typing a text. Then I hit Caps+t the time is displayed.
>After I have read the time, I start typing again, but the message remains.
>This means that I don't see what is happening at the moment. I could easily
>miss updates on the screen and similar. This forces me to always press a
>routing key to get back the on-screen text. Previously, a screen update would
>discard the message. While I understand the reasoning, I think it makes sense
>to discard message, if the users starts typing characters. In this case, we
>can be sure that the message is not wanted anymore.

Thanks. This example helps a lot. What you're really asking for is that a
change to the screen dismisses the message. It can't be related to the typing
because, were you not using a keyboard table, brltty wouldn't even be aware of
your typing. I think your request makes sense even if a keyboard table isn't
being used.

So this still leaves us with a qiestion. What if you want to read the message
but an unexpected scfreen update dismisses it before you're done?

--
Dave Mielke           | 2213 Fox Crescent | http://Mielke.cc/
EMail: Dave at Mielke.cc | Canada  K2A 1H7   | The Bible is the very Word of God.