[BRLTTY] Problems 5.5 on CentOS 7

Adrian van Bloois adrian at pa0rda.nl
Thu Jun 15 12:05:54 EDT 2017

Hi,
Ik installed 5.5 on my CentOS 7 laptop, but it did not get running very
well.
I get on my display the text:
brltty rev 5.5
Followed by an empty line.

And nothing else happens. I'm not able to move the display one line up or
down, it is just stuck.
When I switch my display off and on I get the same effect.
The logfile says:
Jun 15 16:37:10 asus kernel: usb 3-2.1: usbfs: interface 0 claimed by usbhid while 'brltty' sets config #1
Jun 15 16:37:36 asus kernel: usb 3-2.1: usbfs: interface 0 claimed by usbhid while 'brltty' sets config #1
Jun 15 17:55:08 asus kernel: usb 3-2.1: usbfs: interface 0 claimed by usbhid while 'brltty' sets config #1

I have removed the brltty.service files and all references to them so
udev is resppponsible for starting the driver.
But it does not do it the right way I guess.
Any suggestiosn????

	Adrian

--
	Adri P. van Bloois

"Elegance is not a dispensable luxury but a factor that decides between
 success and failure."
	Edsger W. Dijkstra