[BRLTTY] BrlAPI Raw key code mode?

Samuel Thibault samuel.thibault at ens-lyon.org
Fri Sep 1 03:49:05 EDT 2017

Hello,

Aura Kelloniemi, on ven. 01 sept. 2017 08:01:36 +0300, wrote:
> I would prefer the interface to be such that BRLTTY sends the raw key codes
> (or commands, or maybe even both) to a client. Then the client responds to
> BRLTTY whether it actually consumed the key or not so that BRLTTY can pass the
> same code to another client.

That will however lead to latency increase with each client doing this:
key presses will bounce between brltty and clients before reaching the
eventual client.  That's why we introduced the acceptKeys principle, so
the client notifies brltty ahead of which keycodes it can handle, so the
ping-pong happens quickly within brltty itself.

Samuel