[BRLTTY] Technibraille alize 64 + debian 9

Pierre Lorenzon devel at pollock-nageoire.net
Fri Sep 1 03:29:40 EDT 2017

Hi Sébastien,

From: Shérab <Sebastien.Hinderer at ens-lyon.org>
Subject: Re: [BRLTTY] Technibraille alize 64 + debian 9
Date: Fri, 1 Sep 2017 09:38:27 +0200

> Hi Pierre,
>
> Before trying to configure the service, perhaps it would be better to
> try and run brltty manually. That way, you can try different parameters

  Surely I did that ! brllty -b tn -d ttyS0 after aving killed
  all brltty processes in the system but it did not produce any
  effect. If alva is plugged I see on it brllty 5.4 etc but
  nothing else, and in particular no brltty error message.

  More surprizingly when investigating processes for brllty
  with a ps -u there are in such situation two processes ! In
  fact as if plugging alva started a process automatically
  through udev ! If the solution is to remove brllty from
  debian, install it from tarball and try to run it: surely I
  can do it as well. That is what I am doing ""almost dayly""
  on my lfs systems: notice taht I am in general not a
  debianist but in current circumstances the most suitable was
  to install a debian.

  Regards

  Pierre