[BRLTTY] link to screen source

Cheryl Homiak cah4110 at icloud.com
Mon Sep 4 16:40:31 EDT 2017

Okay, point taken :-)
Let's say use sudo as carefully as possible.

--
Cheryl

May the words of my mouth
and the meditation of my heart
be acceptable to You, Lord,
my rock and my Redeemer.
(Psalm 19:14 HCSB)

On Sep 4, 2017, at 3:32 PM, Dave Mielke <dave at mielke.cc> wrote:

[quoted lines by Cheryl Homiak on 2017/09/04 at 15:22 -0500]

> I do want to add, though, that in using Macports for instance, it really is necessary to use sudo so a person using a Mac and managing Macports is going to need to become used to using sudo safely. There are probably other circumstances where this is true as well.

But there's no such thing as using sudo safely. You cuold be the most
responsible system administrator on the face of the entire earth, but you're
still trusting that the configure and make files, just to name a few, are safe.
A lot of people have a lot of trouble writing and/or maintaining those files,
since they really are kind of ugly, so why would you dare trust any of them?

--
Dave Mielke           | 2213 Fox Crescent | http://Mielke.cc/
EMail: Dave at Mielke.cc | Canada  K2A 1H7   | The Bible is the very Word of God.