[BRLTTY] Questions about brltty and Orca

Didier Spaier didier at slint.fr
Wed Sep 6 16:40:00 EDT 2017

Le 06/09/2017 à 22:20, Didier Spaier a écrit :
<snip>

I forgot two questions, sorry:
> 4) In the above described context, do I need to ship brlAPI? so far
> I target end users rather that developers, so I am considering not
> installing it by default, but providing it as a package. What do you
> think? Is it needed beyond developing new drivers or such use cases?

5) More specifically, I see the README of ORCA v24.0, about the deps:
* BrlTTY           - BrlTTY support for braille (optional)
* BrlAPI           - BrlAPI support for braille (optional)

Of course brltty is installed when I build Orca but what BrlAPI
brings to Orca in addition?

6) In the same README I see:
YOU ALSO NEED THE LATEST AT-SPI2, PYATSPI2 AND ATK FOR THE GNOME 3.24.x
RELEASES.  THEY CONTAIN VERY IMPORTANT BUG FIXES!

However I plan to ship Orca v24.0 but we have atk and at-spi2 at
version 2.18, with 80 or so packages that depend on those, and
I have no idea of the backward compatibility of them.

Is it a real issue to continue shipping that?

Or is Orca 3.18 good enough?

Thanks,
Didier