[BRLTTY] Braille music

Lars Bjørndal lars at lamasti.net
Sat Sep 16 15:23:03 EDT 2017

[Adrian van Bloois]

[...]

> I want to read music and play it on the piano.
> I have seen that braille music notation is available on the net, e.g.
> Bach wel-tempered clavier, which is what I want.
> There is a booklet"who is afraid of braille music", written by some
> american, I want to start with that in braille, and then try to read the
> preludes and fugues by Bach.
> Myabe it's impossible, but I'd like to do this very much so I'm gethering
> information about it.

If you find the music in the format MusicXML, there is a project
called FreeDots, that can convert some MusicXML files to braille. The
code is written mostly by Mario Lang, I think.

Please read the following article to get more information:

<https://accessiblemusicnotation.wordpress.com/working-documents/braille-music-tools/>

The FreeDots program is at: <http://github.com/mlang/freedots>.

Maybe Mario will chime in with more information.

Lars