[BRLTTY] 5.6

Brian Tew montanalag at gmail.com
Sun Apr 1 17:02:18 EDT 2018

I think we may be nearing a solution here.
When I did the killall command it said brltty stopped, but it restarted after 5.6 failed.
It restarted without my giving any commands. The phrase "brltty stopped" came to my display,
but does not appear in the script file.
Also sudo grep -irs brltty /etc/udev returns nothing.

 ~$alias b56 alias b56='sudo /usr/local/brltty-5.6/bin/brltty -n -e -v' ~$sudo killall brltty [sudo] password for btew:  ~$b56 brltty: cannot open file: /usr/local/brltty-5.6/etc/brltty.conf: No such file or directory BRLTTY 5.6 rev unknown [http://brltty.com/] brltty: Linux Screen Driver: brltty: USB: interface descriptor not found: 1.0 Segmentation fault (core dumped) ~$ ~$

On Apr 1, 2018, at 1:50 PM, Rob <captinlogic at gmail.com> wrote:

Brian Tew <montanalag at gmail.com> wrote:
> My display is a hims braille sense u2. brljty-5.3.1 is running.
> I cannot figure how to make it stop. I tried:
> systemctl stop brltty

Try for the more direct approach of
sudo killall brltty
Then try your 5.6.