[BRLTTY] brltty and/or linux on a chrome book

Cheryl Ann Homiak cahomiak at gmail.com
Fri Aug 3 09:56:18 EDT 2018

Some of this might lead to offtopic discussion so feel free to reply on or
off list. My email address is cahomiak at gmail.com.

I have been offered a chrome book that somebody is no longer using but I
understand it is not an old chromebook; don't know what model yet. I have
discovered that chrome books do have a shell, and the shell can do more in
developer mode although I don't know how extensive the commands are. Also
chrome OS itself apparently has a screen reader and supports braille. But
I wondered if anybody has used brltty with a chrome book and if so whether
you used it with the system as is or installed some flavor of linux. I
have found some information about installing ubuntu on a chrome book. I am
just trying to decide whether to use the chrome book with the system as is
or whether to try to install linux. Either way, I would like to know if
anybody has used brltty with it.

Thanks for any information.

--
Cheryl