[BRLTTY] Update on QWERTY Keyboard

Dave Mielke Dave at mielke.cc
Thu Dec 27 17:41:53 EST 2018

[quoted lines by Rob on 2018/12/27 at 16:13 -0600]

>I took the Hims over to windows. The right shift doesn't work over there, either.
>Apparently it is some sort of limitation in the device itself?

Thanks for doing that test. Maybe we can figure it out with some debug logs.

>The alt key on the device does work in windows, so this can apparently be fixed in brltty Maybe.

If you don't mind sending me some debug logs, let's see how far we can go. I
need you to run brltty with a couple of extra options:

   -L /pth/to/logfile (that's an uppercase L)
   -l debug,brlkeys (that's a lowercase l)

Then type, say, abcde (in that order) with no modifier key, with the left then
right shift key, with the left then right alt key, with the left then right
control key, etc. Just be sure to let me know exactly the order that you typed
the keys in.

Phone: +1 613 726 0014 | Canada  K2A 1H7   |