[BRLTTY] [brlapi] get dots typed

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Mon May 14 07:56:39 EDT 2018

[quoted lines by tayky on 2018/05/14 at 13:35 +0200]

>I use the Brlapi in C but I can't perform an action.
>I would like to retrieve the dots typed on the Braille keyboard, not
>the translation.
>example:
>When I type : 1,2 : I want 3 and not 'b'.

I don't understand your example. Why would you want 3? From your request, my
guess is that you'd like to see a PASSDOTS command showing dots 1 and 2.

This reminds me of a feature that I've been wanting to implement. Maybe it'll
meet your needs. My idea is that if a BrlAPI client accepts the PASSDOTS
command then it'll get the original PASSDOTS commands, but if it ignores the
PASSDOTS command then it'll get PASSCHAR commands.

Phone: +1 613 726 0014 | Canada  K2A 1H7   |