[BRLTTY] BrlTty, NVDA, & BrailleNote Touch

Jackie McBride abletec at gmail.com
Sat May 19 23:08:29 EDT 2018

Dave wrote:
"This looks like an error that was fixed after 5.6 was released. There's still
a way that you should be able to get it to work, though. In brltty.conf, try
adding +discover=yes right after the Bluetooth address. So:

   braille-device bluetooth:88:33:14:27:B5:66+discover=yes"

Great thought, Dave, & thank you for it. Unfortunately, we're still
receiving the exact same error even w/the line added. Anyone have any
other possible insights? All help is beyond appreciated & gratefully
accepted. Thank you for your time & considerate attention. I am keenly
aware everyone's time is valuable, & I  am grateful for those who read
& take the time to respond. Thank you.

On 5/18/18, Dave Mielke <dave at mielke.cc> wrote:
> [quoted lines by Jackie McBride on 2018/05/18 at 15:52 -0700]
>
>>You've inspired me to do a little reading on rfcom.
>
> And I also said something wrong. SDP means Service Discovery Protocol (not
> Profile). I hope that didn't (and won't) confuse anyone.
>
>>I disabled her bluetooth speakers to see if that would help, which, of
>> course,
>>it didn't,
>
> No, it couldn't. They have their own address. I suspect it's the one that
> shows
> up with the name X5 when brltty is checking for devices.
>
>>My hair's always short & turning grey cuz I'm constantly pulling it out
>> doing
>>computer work.
>
> Best to just stay calm. Thinking works better that way. :-)
>
> --
> I believe the Bible to be the very Word of God: http://Mielke.cc/bible/
> Dave Mielke            | 2213 Fox Crescent | WebHome: http://Mielke.cc/
> EMail: Dave at Mielke.cc  | Ottawa, Ontario   | Twitter: @Dave_Mielke
> Phone: +1 613 726 0014 | Canada  K2A 1H7   |

Jackie McBride
https://brighter-vision.com