[BRLTTY] Honor distribution LDFLAGS when building drivers

Nicolas Pitre nico at fluxnic.net
Mon May 28 12:51:37 EDT 2018

On Mon, 28 May 2018, Jaroslav Skarvada wrote:

> OK, thanks for info, please provide me the patch / commit link once
> the feature is ready. FYI Tomas has just started working on the dracut module

While talking of Fedora...  It seems that the version of BRLTTY built by
Fedora does not include ALSA support. This means that the sound effects
that BRLTTY provide are unavailable on systems that no longer have the
legacy PC squeaker.

It doesn't build the "en" (eSpeak-ng) speech driver either. Only the
"es" (eSpeak) driver is built, but eSpeak has been unmaintained for a
while, and it has bugs that crashes BRLTTY with it eventually.

Would be nice if those build dependencies were added to the Fedora
package.

Nicolas