[BRLTTY] problem with defining some key bindings

Dave Mielke Dave at mielke.cc
Wed May 30 06:14:45 EDT 2018

[quoted lines by payman shaykhmehdi on 2018/05/30 at 13:02 +0430]

>thats why I suggest to use multiple keys in a command,

I'm not sure what I said to support that idea. What I'm saying that the layer
at which two components intercommunicate needs to be well-defined and not
dependent on either component's user interface. That's why I believe that it's
correct to define new brltty commands for new functions.

>So what about that modifiers problem‌ that I mentioned? It seems that
>brltty consumes modifier key events and doesn't send them to X.
>I've mapped keys to META and CONTROL, but by pressing these keys nothing
>happened.

I'm not all that knowledgeable on that code and am hoping that the ugy who does
understand it well will see our conversation and answer your question.

Phone: +1 613 726 0014 | Canada  K2A 1H7   |