[BRLTTY] Routing key events

Samuel Thibault samuel.thibault at ens-lyon.org
Thu Aug 29 05:17:27 EDT 2019

payman shaykhmehdi, le jeu. 29 août 2019 13:30:08 +0430, a ecrit:
> But the point is that I don't want to use brlapi in my application,

Ah

> I'm trying to grab the system event that a routing key triggers.

There is no system equivalent to a routing key.

The routing keys are tighly coupled to what is being displayed on the
braille output, which is not managed by the system, but by orca.

What would thus happen is that orca catches the event through brlapi,
and e.g. call atspi_text_set_caret_offset, which will be directly fed to
the application toolkit's widget.

If you could be more precise as to what you want to achieve in the end,
we might suggest a way to achieve it (http://xyproblem.info/).

Samuel