[BRLTTY] Routing key events

payman shaykhmehdi payman.shaykhmehdi at gmail.com
Thu Aug 29 06:31:52 EDT 2019

> if you could be more precise as to what you want to achieve in the end,
> we might suggest a way to achieve it

I'm developing an application in QT framework. In this application I have a
textedit widget (QTextEdit). I was expecting that by default pressing a
routing key moves the text cursor to the specific character under the
routing key in the textedit.
But that is not happening, So I'm trying to somehow grab the routing key
and move the text cursor to the relevant position.

Currently I'm using the eventFilter() function of QObject and I've
discovered that by pressing a routing key, a QPaintEvent received by qt
textedit object. But this event gives me a graphical region and, by this
region information, I can't route the text cursor to the specific character
determined by the routing key.

Is it possible to use Orca scripting capabilities to achieve this?