[BRLTTY] Routing key events

Samuel Thibault samuel.thibault at ens-lyon.org
Thu Aug 29 07:12:10 EDT 2019

payman shaykhmehdi, le jeu. 29 août 2019 15:01:52 +0430, a ecrit:
> I was expecting that by default pressing a routing key moves the
> text cursor to the specific character under the routing key in the
> textedit.
> But that is not happening,

Ok, so this should be fixed where it belongs :)

The at-spi interface to set the caret position is all you should have to
be implementing in the toolkit.

> Is it possible to use Orca scripting capabilities to achieve this?

Yes, it's the processRoutingKey handler in the orca scripts. See
the default script default.py, whose processRoutingKey calls
braille.processRoutingKey(), implemented in orca/braille.py, which calls
Line.processRoutingKey(), which calls the underlying implementation
depending on the type of region, here that will probably be Text, and
Text.processRoutingKey() will call setCaretOffset, which eventually
calls atspi_text_set_caret_offset().

Samuel