[BRLTTY] cursor routing slow when using brltty in gnome/mate-terminal

Nicolas Pitre nico at fluxnic.net
Sat Aug 31 20:20:42 EDT 2019

On Sun, 1 Sep 2019, Samuel Thibault wrote:

> I know that brltty is waiting for cursor movement feedback in order to
> be as robust as possible.

This is also annoying when using ssh over a far-away network connection.

> I wonder if there could be a user-tunable parameter to make it just
> emit all keypresses and wait for the result?

That wouldn't work very well.

Sometimes you have a 8-character gap to cross but you can't tell if it
is made of spaces or a single tab until you actually move to it.

Maybe pipelining 2 or 3 keypresses could be attempted, and you must be
ready to undo as many such moves if the cursor starts diverging.

Nicolas